15 Years ago I wrote a small game called Hellspawn and I rediscovered it again when I was going through some old backup discs. It is a top down shooter and was developed in Borland C++ Builder (I think version 6). It was a very basic game (especially looking back now) from when I was still a very inexperienced developer, still studying to get a degree.
So if anyone is interested here it is: HellSpawn
To get it working on windows 10:
Use Hellspawn.exe to start the game, but first in file properties:
- Set executable to run in compatibility mode – Windows 98 / Windows ME
- Reduced Color mode – 16-bit
- Override DPI Scaling Behavior, Scaling performed by – Application
- Can also set to run in 640 x 480, however is best to change screen resolution in windows to 1024 x 768 for best experience.
The controls are as follows:
- Arrow keys to move
- Left ctrl keys to fire weapon
Simply kill all the enemies to proceed to the next level.
On another note I have some Steam game keys to give away!
For a chance to win one simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Killer Robotics Steam Giveaway’ and for the message content just be creative.
Winners will be randomly selected and announced via twitter.